TEAM MANAGERS: OUR UNSUNG HEROES!
The team manager is a volunteer position, usually a player parent, who assists the coach and organization throughout the season. As the Team Manager, you take on the operational aspects of the team which allows the coach to focus on player development and on-ice instruction. Don't feel like you have to do it all - delegate as needed!
- Arrange volunteer scorekeepers, penalty box and locker room monitors.
- Prepare scoresheet roster stickers before all games.
- Upload game scoresheets to league portals in a timely manner.
- Send injury reports to Director of Hockey Operations (Callie Smith).
**Check Request and Expense forms must be downloaded to complete.
- Confirm rosters and coaching staff with Registrar (Debbie Zdanowicz).
- Ensure USA Hockey player, coach & volunteer requirements are complete.
- Check-in players and coaches at practices and games with LeagueApps.
- Communicate changes to Registrar, Hockey Ops and Hockey Director.
- Check/compare practice and league schedules for accuracy and updates.
- Confirm games with Master Scheduler (Steph Eick) and opposing teams.
- Every team is asked to participate in 1 community service project.
- Spearhead your own project or collaborate with other NJC teams/programs.
- Be creative!
- Don't be afraid to ask for help - it takes a village.